How to Write an Engaging Social Media Caption
Your social media caption is an opportunity not to be wasted. This is your chance to converse with your audience and to be social. I understand this can be hard if you're shy and second guessing yourself. I do that all the time. It can also get hard when you're overworked and formulating a sentence hurts your brain. I've been there too. So I've put together a few tips to help you write killer captions for your posts.
1. Give yourself a chance to stand out, and put your personality into it. You will build better quality relationships because of this. No one is you, and that is your power.
2. Customers buy from others that they know, like and trust. So make your posts relatable and give your consumer something to grab ahold of.
3. Write a few drafts. You know those moments where you look back and think 'I should have said that'? It's annoying. When scheduling your posts, just write. It doesn't need to be perfect. Go back to it when your mind is clearer or when you have time to fully tell your story.
4. Build the bigger picture. You know what inspired you to make your product, and you may even think it's kinda boring. I promise you, it's not. People love knowing what goes on behind the scenes. This is your chance to get really real.
5. Know your audience. Know their pain points, and write something that invokes a response.
6. Write the most important part at the beginning of the caption. The captions are cut off in the feed after few lines of text, and people tend to scroll through Instagram quickly so the beginning is your chance to hook your reader.
7. Leave a call to action! Want them to check out your blog post? Tell them! Can they find the product at the link? Tell them! Got something new in the shop? Tell them! If they don't know then how can they do it?
A great caption adds value to your photo and inspires your audience to do something. Keeping all of these things in mind will help you to create engaging and valuable content. And as always, practice makes perfect.